Affordable health care is one essential thing that everyone needs in the United States of America. Some states have better health insurance than others. Colorado is one of those states that need affordable health insurance.
Access to affordable health insurance in Colorado is not easy. This is because most times, affordable health care plans come with employment. An employer might have an employer-sponsored health plan for his/her workers. This would serve as one of the benefits attached to being employed under him/her.
But what happens when you lose that job? All the benefits are immediately stripped from you. This will leave you distraught and confused for a while. In a bid to assist individuals in such situations, the government set up OBAMACARE.
What is Obamacare?
Obamacare was founded under the Affordable Care Act in 2010 to make health insurance plans more accessible and affordable to the citizens of America. This Act has had a profound effect on the health system, as more citizens are getting insured.
For citizens of Colorado to enjoy the benefits of Obamacare, they need to be aware of their eligibility. Find out more at https://www.bottlestobritches.com/4-things-students-should-know-about-their-health-insurance-and-covid-19/
Who is eligible for Obamacare?
The classes of citizens that Obamacare favors the most are in two categories,
- Those who do not have health care insurance and…..
- Those who buy insurance on the individual market.
This law eases health insurance for citizens through a system of health insurance exchanges, tax credits, and subsidies on cost. This law also provides financial aid for citizens of Colorado that needs it.
Even with its accessibility, Obamacare still has its pros and cons.
Pros of Obamacare
- Obamacare is cheaper than other government insurance plans. It reduces health care costs by a lot. It provides insurance and makes preventive carefree. It cost an average of $462 per month.
This price is solely dependent on your choice of plan. There are plans more expensive than the aforementioned average price. So, you just have to choose what you can afford.
- Obamacare covers 10 essential health benefits. The 10 essential health benefits covered by Obamacare are preventive and wellness care, maternity, and newborn care, mental and behavioral health treatment, services for people with injuries, lab tests, child care, prescription drugs, outpatient care, emergency room services, and hospitalization.
- Children are allowed to stay on their parent’s health insurance plans until they are 26.
- It enforced a law that no insurance company can deny any of their clients, coverage for pre-existing conditions.
- Obamacare also enforces that businesses with more than 50 employees provide health insurance for all their employees.
Cons of Obamacare
- Because Obamacare covers a wider range of benefits, the cost of premiums are increased,
- Citizens of Colorado can be fined for having no insurance.
- Increase in taxes as a result of Obamacare. New tax policies were passed into law to help pay for the excesses incurred by the ACA. The wealthy people of Colorado are the ones bearing this brunt.
- Several employers are dropping their employees to reduce the cost of tax. This in turn increases the number of unemployed. Know more here!